Tuesday, June 1, 2010

A Wedding Anniversary

One year. That's how long we've been married last Sunday. On Sunday last year was the last day of autumn and the happiest day of my life. It had rained all week but on the Saturday we were married on May 30th 2009, it was a beautiful day with piercing blue skies and light breezes. We were married at St Laurence's Catholic Church at a Solemn High Mass with three priests.

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="486" caption="Virgil of Pentecost -Solemn High Mass"][/caption]

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="680" caption="Me paying very close attention."][/caption]

Or so it seems. Actually, I recall being rather distracted.

I loved my wedding dress. It was custom made for me, and I picked the pink and silver threads for the embroidery. The bodice was laced up and it cinches the waist beautifully-as well as not needing any adjustments for any fluctuations of weight. I made the veil out of tulle and sprinkled pearls randomly through it. If anyone wants to order a custom made dress in any design, I can get one for the price of a rental. Just email me.

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="485" caption="My family"][/caption]

They flew all the way from Malaysia and arrived the day before. I've never seen my brothers in suits...I don't know if I ever will again...

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="500" caption="All the siblings."][/caption]

After the ceremony, we left for a few select locations for a bridal photo shoot. Nothing staged in a studio for me.

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="424" caption="Montefiore Hill"][/caption]

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="483" caption="The cloisters at Adelaide University"][/caption]

I thought our photographer did a great job. I don't think the photos were touched up too much, yet they turned out really well.

Photos by Ricky of CTR Photos, flowers by Donna Lovell, menswear by Ferrari Brothers.

Sigh. Well, that was a year ago. I love reliving it though. Everything went without a hitch. It was just such a beautiful day.

On Saturday we celebrated with a simple dinner at home with the family.

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="450" caption="One year later-Our budding family"][/caption]

The Little Wyld Man is 3 and a half months old now. He's cooing and gurgling all the time and likes to talk back! He's developing motor skills and tries to touch things with his hands-although he's not quite there yet. He recognises a smile and will smile back at you when you smile at him. And his cheeks! They jiggle when you pat his back to burp him, they're that chubby! He's just so beautiful.

Here's the Little Wyld Man and his grandma.

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="301" caption="Gwemma and the Little Wyld Man"][/caption]

That cake was the top tier of our wedding cake. My lovely mother in law made it and had it iced by a very talented cake lady. Here's a closeup.

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="450" caption="The Wedding Cake"][/caption]

There were three tiers. One tier was used at the wedding. One at the Little Wyld Man's christening, and now the last one for our anniversary. It had been staying in the freezer for all that time, but it tasted lovely and just as fresh as when it was first made.

I cooked Corn Soup, JFC, Pork and Pumpkin, and Cream Chicken and Vegies. JFC stands for Joyce's Fried Chicken, and was so named by the Wyld Man's younger brother-he raves about it-and it's pretty yummy, if I do say so myself. I'll post the recipe up sometime.

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="301" caption="A simple dinner"][/caption]

It's been a womderful year, and here's to many more to come.

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely wedding and a cute, chubby-cheeked baby! May God grant you many more anniversaries.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Please leave your comments here: