Sunday, May 23, 2010

A Root Canal, A Dentist, and Opping It!

I had to have an emergency root canal done two Fridays ago at 10pm. I've had twinges of pain for three days prior, but I ignored it because, well, it was manageable. My appointment was for the first week of June. However, it did come to the point where I thought I might need to have it seen to earlier, so the dental receptionist booked me in for a Monday, three days to go. She also gave me an emergency number to call, just in case, which at that point, I really didn't think I'd need.  That Friday night however the pain escalated and I had to have my tooth done that night pronto. I was all dressed and ready to go for a birthday party that night at 7pm-but I was humming and harring about whether it was a good idea to go. In hindsight, I'm glad I went. That dinner would have been torture had I not gone to the dentist, who was all the way on the other side of the city to where we live.

Who I went to is another interesting story. His name was Dr Daniel Chu, and I didn't think much of it when the receptionist gave me his name. On meeting him however, I thought he definitely had a Malaysian accent. He asked me where I was from, and I said I was Malaysian. He said he was too. What race was I? Half Kadazan, half Chinese. Kadazan! he exclaims! That's from Sabah! Where he was from too. I asked him which school he went to, and he said he graduated from Tshung Tsin Pre University, which was the same place I went for high school! And his dad is a GP at Gaya Street and knows my dad! Talk about a small world. Anyways, he did a very quick job on my tooth and told me that there was an infection at the root and it was only 2cm away from the sinuses, and had the infection gone there, there would have been some nasty facial swelling. So I was doubly glad I forgoed the dinner and had my tooth done.

I had my follow up at my regular dentist on Monday-and lucky me, there was a Salvos next door. So of course I went. Sigh. Not that I need anymore clothes. But I do love bargains. And if there was a really nice piece for a really good price...Anyways, these were the two things I got.

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="639" caption="3/4 Cardigan"][/caption]

The camera didn't capture the really pretty buttercuppy colour. It looks almost brand new and it was only $3. I love the way it goes with a lilac camisole.

I also got this Barkins skirt for $3.5

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="639" caption="Barkins skirt"][/caption]

Grandma also got me a really pretty red knitted cardigan from her local craft shop. It looks really vintage-y looking, and a really brilliant red. I love it!

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="639" caption="Red knitted cardigan"][/caption]

I've always love knitted sweaters and cardis and was never able to wear them in Malaysia. I love being able to wear them now. And vintage is the in thing right now.

Have a great Sunday

Wyld Woman

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please leave your comments here: